For Immediate Release – Washington, DC – June 11, 2012 – J Street Companies, on behalf of owner N.S.P. Ventures Corp., today announced the achievement of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification of the U.S. Mint Building at 801 9th Street, NW in downtown Washington, DC. The trophy property was purchased in February of 2012 by N.S.P. Ventures Corp., and is leased and managed by J Street. LEED certification provides independent, third-party verification that a building’s location, design, and/or construction meets designated top levels of environmentally responsible, sustainable development and operation.
801 9th Street, built in 1999 specifically for the U.S. Mint tenancy, is a 236,054 square foot, 8-story, trophy quality office building featuring classic architectural details including a 3-story lobby with a dramatic 45-foot rotunda surrounded by stone columns flanking a central marble fountain. The building provides other first class finishes including 8th floor terraces, floor heights ranging between 12’ to 20’ and Level III security. 801 9th Street is served by the Gallery Place Metro Station one block away and is adjacent to the 1.9 million square foot mixed-use CityCenterDC development.
Sustainable features at 801 9th Street include:
• Lighting retrofits with high efficiency ballasts
• Retrofitted parking garage lighting to induction lights with motion sensors
• Added variable frequency drives of several pieces of equipment that run 24/7 to reduce electrical load
• Installed more efficient heaters for the fresh air intake at ½ the original electrical load
• All HVAC was converted to use free cooling when the outside temperature is below the set point
• All limited use rooms, such as copier and store rooms, mechanical and electric rooms have had motion sensors installed
About The J Street Companies
The J Street Companies offers a complete array of real estate services including commercial sales and leasing, residential sales, property management, development and project management. J Street manages more than 4 million square feet of commercial and multi-family property and has an experienced project management team that has managed over 8 million square feet of tenant build outs and base building construction. Since 2000, the company has accomplished more than 500 leasing and investment sales transactions with an aggregate value of more than $1 billion. For more information on the J Street Companies, please visit us at www.jstreetcompanies.com.